Thursday, April 23, 2015, 6:00 PM, I’ll be giving a talk on my book in progress, “The Priest and the Punched-Card Machines: Father Roberto Busa, SJ, and the Emergence of Humanities Computing,” at Fordham University (Father Busa’s home-base In New York for the early years of his work with IBM). Location: Duane 140 (Theology Conference Room), Fordham University, Rose Hill campus. The event is sponsored by the Interdisciplinary Faculty Seminar on Digital Technology and Scholarly Communications, the American Studies Program, and the Department of Theology.
- RT @nowviskie: OMG everybody stop everything & marvel at this 1880s silk-paged punchcard-programmed book of hours woven on a jacquard loom.… 3 days ago
- As @jamesbridle continues to map the irruptions and shadows, in this case with salt. twitter.com/loriemerson/st… 6 days ago
- @cstahmer @mkirschenbaum @fraistat hear, hear. 2 weeks ago
- RT @mkirschenbaum: They found it: theguardian.com/world/2017/mar… @fraistat @s3jones, @cstahmer, time to update the MOO? 2 weeks ago
- Killing a Program That Brings History to Life nyti.ms/2moma1f 2 weeks ago